The Sunglasses Buying Guide
Sunglasses have always been a favourite accessory for peoples of all ages in summer and this year’s trends are spectacular. Before buying your new pair of shades, take a look at your face and determine its shape. There are SIX shapes of faces, where each requires its special frame to help accentuate the features of your face.
1. Diamond: this shape has both a narrow chin and forehead but wide/high cheek bones. To soften the edges on the face, look for a curvy pair of shades. Oval, frameless or softly curved square frames will help you achieve that.
2. Square: everything about that shape is wide. Wide forehead, wide cheekbones, and wide chin. Being square like, this shape has many edges and so needs some curves as well. The glasses that suit this type are cat frames, ovals, rounds and aviators.
3. Oblong: here the face is long rather than wide with a long cheek line. People who have an oblong face should go for frames that don’t extend beyond the widest part of the face, so round and square frames would work well with them.
4. Oval: you’re one lucky person to have this shape of face. Any pair of specs would look perfect on you so don’t be afraid to experiment with new styles like shields, aviators or wrap-arounds.
5. Round: frames for this face should make the face appear longer and thinner to kind of fade out the circular shape of the face. Since circles don’t have edges, we can add some using an edgy frame to define the face. Square and rectangular frames are suggested to do so but don’t pick a frame that extends beyond the widest part of the face.
6. Triangle: a person with a triangle face has a wide forehead and narrow jaw. The frame that would compliment this shape would be a “straight top line” frame or, half frameless or a cat frame.
Skin color also contributes to the color of frame you should choose. Light skin complexions should go for amber or pink tinted frames. Dark frames tend to attract more attention and so pointing out your paleness. Dark skinned people should buy silver, gold, olive or brown frames but stay away from dark frames.